CPO APPROVED TRAINING
Working at Heights Training Overview
As per the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations in Ontario, anyone working at heights of 3m/ 10 feet requires to be certified in working at heights by a CPO approved training provider.
Phoenix Health and Safety offers 1 days of in-person (Theory/Practical) working at heights course. Participants engage in group activities and assessments while learning from facilitator. The course materials will be distributed to participants the day of the session. Through group projects and discussions, participants gain knowledge from other participants.
For the purpose of ensuring that students can effectively check and operate the necessary fall protection equipment, this course includes a hands-on demonstration of the tools and processes.
For On-Site training at your location on a date of your choice, please contact us for a quote.
During Working at Heights Training, will cover the following topics and activities.
- Fall hazard control
- Anchor Points
- Harness and lanyard inspection and use
- Vertical and horizontal life lines
- Safe work planning and requirements
- Applicable legislation and guidelines
- Harness and equipment care and storage
- Ladder safety
- Rights and responsibilities for working at heights
- Bump lines and guardrails
- Aerial work platform devices and additional training
- Calculating free fall distance
- Harness donning and doffing
- 100% tie off
- Harness and lanyard inspections
- Scaffolding safety
- Vertical life line and rope grab
- Aerial work platform (with 100% tie off)